1. What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website, or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
2. How do we collect personal information and from whom?
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from third parties when you:
register on our website or otherwise use our services (Products);
communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or Websites;
interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; or
invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
We collect personal information in a variety of ways directly and indirectly from third parties (in some cases for a fee or another benefit). These include our related bodies corporate, service providers and other businesses referring you to our services or those of our related bodies corporate.
3. Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Products;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our Products, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
4. Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We use personal information that we hold about you to identify services and products that may be of interest to you.
We may contact you by phone, email, text message, or other digital service to let you know about our offers and promotions, and those of our business partners; or any new or existing products or services that may be of interest to you.
We also use internet-based marketing including targeted online advertising and online behavioural marketing. We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate and business partners to allow them to tell you about a product or service that may be of interest to you, based on your transactions with us. Our marketing agencies may also contact you using your personal information that they already hold, or we may provide your personal information to them, in order to serve you with more relevant advertising about our services and products.
You can contact us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing materials from us, our related bodies corporate or business partners that involved the use of your personal information. If you receive a marketing email from us, you can opt-out from that particular category of marketing email by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
5. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our Products;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
6. Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient complies (as far as is reasonably practical) with relevant privacy obligations or is bound by a substantially similar privacy scheme.
7. Using our online services
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our Products.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Products, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer, phone, or device.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information.
10. Accessing or Correcting Your Personal Information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us at [email protected]. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
11. Making a Complaint | Contact us
If you think we have breached the Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, or if you wish to speak with us about privacy, you can contact us at [email protected]. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe why you are contacting us. We will acknowledge your message and respond to you regarding your concerns within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve a complaint or comment satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.